Downfall is our downfall.
Seriously, this TV show represents the downfall of American society.
We wonder why people hate us? It’s because in the middle of a recession we’re creating game shows where we destroy $40,000 cars for no reason.
Um, Lara, there’s a reason. It’s because the contestants didn’t get the answer right, so then they have to fall too. It’s funny to watch people fall down and material objects crash to the ground. If I can’t have it, nobody should have it.
Wow, that is an amazing point. It got me thinking, I think that ALL game shows should have this format. Wait, this is the best idea ever. Let’s see what would happen on!:
1. Jeopardy– Oh, sorry, you didn’t answer that in the form of a question. Looks like we’re going to have to burn your money.
2. Supermarket Sweep– Well, you got the giant Jelly Belly for $200, but you didn’t get it across the line in time. Now we’re going to throw away food like an expensive restaurant and then shoo homeless people away who try to fish it out of the dumpster.
3. Wheel of Fortune– Oh, you couldn’t get that last one? Even though the clue was ‘Thing’ and the answer was “Your Grandma”? Time to capsize the boat you were going to sail around Lake Havasu while wasted. Oh, I’m sorry. “Have-a-brew.” Yeah, your drunk ass was going to crash it anyway. We don’t even feel bad..
4. The Bachelorette– This one is my favorite. So instead of the Bachelorette being the real contestant, it’s one of the guys. Then, as soon as he gets kicked off, we kill the dumb bitch who dumped him. So Ali, watch out. Maybe you shouldn’t have gotten rid of Kasey.
5. Cash Cab– You get it wrong, we light the fucking cab on fire with you in it. Oh, wait. Shit. I got that one confused with what unemployed douche fucks do after the Laker game.
6. The Price is Right- Your price was wrong. Seems as if we’re going to let Taylor Swift use your karaoke machine. Now that shit is ruined.
7. Legend of the Hidden Temple– (Yes, this is the second time I’ve referenced this show). Damnit, you were in the room of the stone monkey, and you just could not get that shit on lock. Looks like your… Nerf football…. is going in the lagoon. Wait? Really? That’s all we give them? A Nerf football? This show is bullshit. How do we even get kids on it? Oh, the sweet costumes? Ok, I get it.
8. Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? If not, you lose your job. Seriously, how did you even get a job? You have to trade with the 5th grader.
9. The Newlywed Game– Wow, you don’t know your wife very well. Welp, now the husband on the winning team will know her. In the Biblical sense.
10. Hell Date – Honestly, I have no idea what you win on that show. All I know is that a black midget in a devil suit comes out at the end, and that’s all that matters. This game doesn’t change, because it’s awesome.
Anyway, don’t satisfy the Downfall producers by watching it and upping their ratings. If you want to watch something crash and burn, watch The Gates. Also, I’d kind of like that show to stay on TV so I have more ammo when arguing that vampire shit is fucking stupid.
(Ok, not True Blood. I don’t watch it regularly, but it’s def better than the remedial dictionary vomit that Stephanie Meyer has been spewing out and the visual catastrophe that followed.)